Here at Sense Media we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal data to provide you with information about our conferences, for administration of the conferences and pass on to our partners where you have given us permission to do so.
Your Personal Data – what we need.
Sense Media is what’s known as the ‘Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us. We only collect basic personal data about you which does not include any special types of information or location based information. This does however include name, address, email address, company name, job title and telephone number where you have provided it.
We collect this information when you register with us in person or on-line to receive news and updates about our conferences or when you attend or sponsor one of our conferences.
We do not source any personal data from third party vendors.
Why we need it.
Sense Media, on behalf of AutoSens, needs the contact information you provide to us to update you with conference and industry news in this sector. You may unsubscribe from these communications at anytime.
What we do with it.
The legal basis we rely on to process your personal data is that of Legitimate Interest. This is because:
- You have either signed up to receive information relating to Sense Media conferences or have attended and/or sponsored previous conferences.
- As a result, it is reasonable to expect to receive information about Sense Media conferences.
- You may also receive communications from our event partners where you have opted in to receive this information while registering for our events.
- It is very simple for you to opt-out of processing and communications.
All the personal data we process is processed by our staff in the UK. Appropriate safeguards are in place to protect the security of your data. We only use external IT services to support this processing which are either located within the European Union or have suitable security measures in place such as compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
No third parties have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so.
How long we keep it.
If you have paid for services such as delegate registration or sponsorship we are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed. Your information that we use for marketing purposes may be kept by us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information by selecting the “unsubscribe” option on any of our mailings.
What are your rights?
If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you may request it to be rectified. Your rights include:
- the right of access – you can request details of your personal data that we hold;
- the right to rectification – you can request that we correct inaccuracies in the data;
- the right to erasure – you can request that we delete your personal data from our systems;
- the right to object – you can unsubscribe from processing and mailings;
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer who will investigate the matter. Our Data Protection Officer is Sophie West and you can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can contact them at https://ico.org.uk/.